|Education:||B.S. Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|Publications:||Publications by Zhu in our database|
Ms. Judy(Tianyu) Zhu
2220 Campus Drive Evanston, IL 60208-3108, USA
I was born in Heilongjiang Province, the northernmost part of China and obtained my Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai. During the past years, I was working on several projects and took advantages of them. In the investigation of microstructure and mechanical properties of Mg-Al-Sn alloys for the wheels, I worked with two other students and learned the principle of metallurgy and the materials testing methods, for instance, the optical microscopy, the scanning electron microscopy, the spray corrosion testing and tensile properties testing at room temperature. Recently I am pursuing my Master’s degree in Materials Engineering at Northwestern University and my research here focuses on the high temperature aluminum-scandium alloys. I am working on the observation of the precipitates in that alloys with Atom Probe Tomography and test the Vickers Micro-hardness to optimize the heat treatment in order to get the high mechanical properties.
• High-Temperature Aluminum Alloys
Honors and Awards
1. Best Program and Best Paper in the 2nd Shanghai Undergraduate Innovation Forum
2. Silver Medal in the 7th National Undergraduate Business Plan Competition "Challenge Cup"
3. Silver Medal in the 6th "Zhangjiang Cup" National Science and Technology College of Extracurricular Academic Competition
1. Alan A. Luo, Penghuai Fu, Liming Peng, Xiaoyu Kang, Zhenzhen Li, Tianyu Zhu. Solidification Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Cast Magnesium-Aluminum-Tin Alloys. Journal of Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A: Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science, 2011, Pages 1-9
2. Xiaoyu Kang, Alan A. Luo, Penguai Fu, Zhenzhen Li, Tianyu Zhu, Liming Peng, Wenjiang Ding. Optimization of Magnesium-Aluminum-Tin Alloys for As-cast Microstructure and Mechanical Properties. Journal of Magnesium Technology, 2011