Jump to navigation Jump to search
hi i have a question about FIM. I really wonder that FEM can be converted into FIM did u make FIM system?? or buy??
- An FIM has the following differences from an FEM:
- Tip/screen polarity is reversed (so tip is positive)
- Cryogenic cooling of the tip
- Intert imaging gas
- You can read "E.W. Müller, Z. Phys. 131(1951):136" for the details of the first FIM.
- While some people at NUCAPT have built FIMs (and some of these instruments are still in our lab), our present day workhorses are commercial systems. In particular, our LEAP tomograph from Imago gets daily use.