Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Seidman Group welcomes Liza Plotnikov, a first year graduate student in the department. Liza has a B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering from MIT. She will be working on Nickel based super alloys.
- Congratulations to Chantal Sudbrack for her employment at the Structures and Materials Division at NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio, where she will be studying turbine disk alloys in their Advanced Metallics Branch.
- The Seidman group welcomes new students Denise Ford, who will be doing numerical modeling of the electropolishing of niobium; and Daniel Cecchetti, who will be working towards a masters thesis.
- Congratulations to Chris Booth-Morrison on the successful defense of his thesis.
- Professor David Seidman has been chosen for the prestigious TMS Institute of Metals Lecture and the Robert Franklin Mehl Award for 2011, to be awarded at the 140th TMS meeting in San Diego, California.
- Congratulations to Chris Booth-Morrison on his B.J. Martin Fellowship.